Först Global, Redwood Global LTD, Health, Safety and Wellbeing Statement – October 2022
Our key objective is to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all staff based on the Först Global Values and Principles – looking after both the physical and mental wellbeing of each member of staff in our employment, in its simplest form ensuring all staff are returned happy and safely to their family at the end of their working day.
As part of our Safety Först strategy, Först Global is focused on supporting safety, health and wellbeing in our workplaces. The purpose of this policy statement is to outline the key themes and commitments that constitute our health, safety and wellbeing agenda. Först Global is committed to establishing, promoting and maintaining the health, Safety and wellbeing of all employees through leading workplace practices, and encouraging staff to take responsibility for their own health, safety and wellbeing, through a programme of education, awareness and enablement.
#Safety Först is integrated into every decision made by front-line operatives and senior leadership alike. At Först we share a commitment to:
- Demonstrating leadership and consulting with our employees on health and wellbeing.
- Protecting the personal health and safety of our employees through a robust library of policies, procedures, risk assessments and method statements.
- Empowering all employees under section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take responsibility for their health and safety, and the health and safety of others.
- Providing information to our employees about the effects of alcohol and substance misuse and supporting them in seeking help to address misuse issues.
- Eliminating stigma around mental ill-health and providing mental health awareness training and support services to our employees.
- Ensure commensurate training is provided to every member of staff at Först global, backed up by continuation training and supervision.
- All accidents will be recorded and investigated to ensure the opportunity for recurrence is brought to an absolute minimum
Först Global regards all health, safety and wellbeing legislation as the minimum standard and expects management to achieve their targets without compromising health and safety at any point.